Vanil: Scandinavian inspired living
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small files which are stored on a user’s computer. They, and similar technologies enable you to be remembered when using that computer or device to interact with websites and online services and can be used to manage a range of features and content as well as storing searches and presenting personalised content.
They are necessary for the performance of a contract with you, or because using them is in our legitimate interests (where we have considered that these are not overridden by your rights), and, in some cases, where required by law, where you have consented to their use. If you have consented to use using cookies then you can withdraw this consent at any time by disabling them as described below.
How long do they last?
A number of cookies and similar technologies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Others are used to remember you when you return to Our Site and will last for longer.
What type of cookies do we use?
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website and under our terms with you. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us for our legitimate interests of improving the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us, subject to your choices and preferences, to personalise our content, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies and similar technologies, but if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that and your help screen or manual will tell you how to do this.
The effect of disabling cookies depends on which cookies you disable but, in general, the website may not operate properly if all cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on Our Site.
If you want to disable cookies on our site, you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Vanil Limited is the controller and is responsible for your personal data.
Changes to this Privacy Notice and your duty to inform us of changes
By providing personal information such as your name and e-mail address via the forms on this website, you agree to us contacting you with regard to the information you request.
Some forms on our website also include a check box asking you for permission for us to add you to our mailing list. This is an opt-in mailing list and your personal information will be used solely by us. Under no circumstances will your personal information be sold or used by any other organisation.
From time to time, we may include links in our e-mails to other web sites which we think may be of interest to you. Each email communication you receive from us will have the option to remove your e-mail address from our list.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Personal Data we receive
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity data (including your first name, last name, marital status, title, gender and multi media images);
- Contact data (including your billing address, delivery address, email address, telephone contact numbers and social media contact information);
- Financial Data (including payment card details).
- Transaction Data (including details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us).
- Technical Data (including internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website).
- Profile data (includes your username and password, purchase history, preferences, feedback and survey responses);
- Usage Data (including information about how you use our website, products and services].
- Marketing and Communications data (including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communications preferences);
- Special Category Data (dietary or access requirements when booking and attending events)
We do not generally collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions.
You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you purchase products through our website vanil.co.uk or over the telephone.
- Automated technologies or interactions.
- Third parties or publicly available sources.
We will receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below: Technical Data from the following parties:
- analytics providers, such as Google based outside the EU;
- search information providers, such as Google based outside the EU
How your personal data will be used?
1. We will only use your data in circumstances where the data protection legislation allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- a. Where we need to perform a contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you;
- b. Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests;
- c. Where we need to comply with a legal obligation;
- d. Where we have received your informed and specific consent to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.